TRYAX is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our web site visitors; this policy sets out how TRYAX will treat your personal information.
What information does TRYAX collect?
TRYAX may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this web site including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views
- Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this web site, including information relating to any donation you make to TRYAX
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to receive our email newsletters
- Any other information that you choose to send to us.
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
TRYAX use "session" cookies on the web site to keep track of you whilst you navigate the web site. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy", and selecting "Block all cookies" using the sliding selector. This will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability and accessibility of many web sites including the TRYAX web site.
Using your personal data
TRYAX may use your personal information to:
- Administer the web site
- Improve your browsing experience by personalising the web site
- Enable your use of the services available on the web site
- To supply to you services requested via the web site
- Send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
- Send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business which TRYAX think may be of interest to you where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications)
- Provide third parties with statistical information about our users - but this information will not be used to identify any individual user
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the web site
- Where you submit personal information for publication on our web site, TRYAX will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us
- TRYAX will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
In addition, TRYAX may disclose information about you:
- To the extent that TRYAX are required to do so by law
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
Security of your personal data
TRYAX will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. TRYAX will store all the personal information you provide on our secure password and firewall protected servers.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information TRYAX hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00).
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or TRYAX will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.
Third party web sites
The web site contains links to other web sites. TRYAX is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party web sites.
Please let us know if the personal information which TRYAX holds about you needs to be corrected or updated.
If you require further information about privacy online, details can be obtained from www.website-law.co.uk.